Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dedication

Hi everybody!

I have had a great couple of weeks. Gigi came to visit last Wednesday after her vacation. We had fun together while Mommy and Daddy were out having fun. Then on Friday, Grammie, Grandpa Brad, and Grandpa John came to visit also. There were lots of people here and I was showered with love. It was pretty amazing.

The reason all of these people came to visit was for my Dedication last Saturday. A Dedication is a church ceremony where Mommy and Daddy dedicate themselves to raising me by biblical principles and instruction from the Lord. It is very important to Mommy and Daddy that I learn about Jesus and how he died to save everyone in the world from punishment for their sins. Their dedication is very important because I will learn a lot of my beliefs from the way they raise me and teach me. Mommy and Daddy hope that they, along with everyone that attended the Dedication and everyone else who loves and cares for me, will do their best to teach me about Jesus so that, when I am old enough to understand, I will choose to accept Him as my Lord and Savior.

Mommy and Daddy gave away cards at the Dedication that contained the following prayer based on the letters in my name. They believe that one of the most loving and influential things that you can do for me is to pray this prayer when you are talking to God about me.

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing our lives with Alexis. We are honored to have her as part of our family. Specifically, we pray for her:
Attitude - That she would live with a positive outlook on life no matter what situations arise and that others are able to see Christ's likeness through her attitude.
Love - That first and foremost she would love You, Lord. Also, that she would grow into a person with the capacity for enormous amounts of unconditional love for all people.
Eternity - That You will protect her here on earth and that the Holy Spirit will guide her and prepare her for an eternity in heaven.
eXample - That the example she sets with how she lives her life will be a shining light that reflects on You and Your goodness. And through that she will be a positive influence on this world and everyone she encounters.
Integrity - That she lives her life with integrity, always choosing the right thing to do, especially when it is not the easy thing to do.
Salvation - That, when she is old enough, she will choose of her own free will to accept Christ as the leader of her life and forgiver of her sins.
Lord, we humbly ask for your wisdom as we raise her according to Your teachings and guidelines.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment